In a three- page agreement between the Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte (PGIN) and the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) both has committed to launch a local film fest dubbed as “Ilocos Norte Film Festival” which will promote local films and Ilocos Norte, as a location for foreign and locally produced films.
Entered into by Gov. Imee R. Marcos and FDCP Chairman Briccio G. Santos, both has agreed to unify their efforts as well as consolidate their resources in launching a three- day local film festival which will be held on October 25- 27.
“We have in our list about twenty horror films in full length and indie cuts which we aim to screen during the festival. All these films were directed by renowned Filipino film directors such as Mike de Leon, Soxy Topacio, and Kinanatay director Brillante Mendoza, who made it in the main competition during the 62nd Cannes Film Festival, and many more,” Granados said.
According to Gov. Marcos, hosting the film festival is an opportunity to all aspiring film makers in Ilocos Norte. “Filmmaking is a very lucrative venture, thus, budding filmmakers as well as enthusiasts should take advantage of this festival. Everyone is welcome, film screening and workshops are free of charge,” Marcos added.
Meanwhile, the opening of the film festival which is scheduled on October 25 will be the official kick- off of the week- long celebration of Ilocos Norte’s Halloween bash, the ‘Semana ti Ar-aria Festival 2011’ which will run until October 31. Florante A. Nicolas, PGIN- CMO
Oct 25- Kick- off and Opening of the Festival
Sineng Pambansa Film Festival
(Free Admission)- Robinsons Mall Cinema 3 and
MMSU Teatro ti Ilocandia
Oct 26- Horror Film Viewing at Robinsons Mall Cinema 3 and
Workshop at MMSU Teatro ti Ilocandia
(With Filmmakers, Directors,and Movie artists)
Oct 27- Sineng Pambansa Ilocos Norte Film Festival Closing Night
at Malacanang ti Amianan
Oct 29- Ilocos Rocks Black Party,7PM @ U-Belt, Rizal Park
Oct 30- Beer-kini Fest, 7PM @ Plaza del Norte
Oct 31- Parada Iloca-locana,6PM (Grand Horror
Costume Parade)- Laoag City Public Cemetery to Capitol
Nov 1- Tumba (Feast of the Dead) in Paoay
For more information, contact Provincial Tourism Office
Tel Nos: (077)772-1211 local 119 or (077)770-4242
- 2010/10/20 -- RDRRMC-1 convergence of efforts mitigates impact of typhoon ‘Juan’ (0)
- 2010/10/13 -- ‘Philhealth Sabado’ lures 10T new registrants in Region I (0)
- 2012/11/09 -- Ilocos Norte’s grandest festival to kick off on Nov. 17 (0)
- 2012/02/16 -- Ilocos Norte, Paoay folks celebrate ‘Guling- guling’ 2012 (0)
- 2011/12/08 -- Ilocos Norte launches ‘Paskua Mi Ditoy’, lights 45- foot Christmas tree (0)
- 2011/10/13 -- IN prepares for ‘2011 Semana ti Ar-aria Festival’, grand Halloween bash seen (0)
- 2011/04/28 -- Viva Vigan Binatbatan Festival of the Arts slated May 1 to 8 (0)